All design and production material prepared by Wellard Village People is protected under international intellectual property laws governing copyright and cannot be photocopied, scanned or reproduced in any other media, or stored on any electronic device without prior consent of Wellard Village People. Breach of this copyright will result in legal action.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts, customers, suppliers and employees (“you” and when relating to you, “your”) and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act)
In this policy we describe how we manage your personal information.
1. The kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect include:
- contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, and telephone contact details;
- information about your marketing interests and requirements and the marketing services that you may wish to purchase;
- information regarding our communications with you and your attendance at seminars and promotional events held by us;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience;
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices;
- Information and data related to statistical information regarding access, views, and use of our website and promotional emails.
2. How we collect personal information
2.1 We collect personal information by various means including when:
you contact us with a question or inquiry;
- you subscribe to our newsletter;
- you attend a seminar or event where we are hosting or presenting;
- you visit our website.
2.2 Where practicable we collect personal information about you directly from you. However, we may have collected information about you from a third party such as a client, a third party information provider or a person responding to our questions or inquiries.
2.3 If you are a client and do not provide us with name and address information we cannot provide services to you.
2.4 If you do not provide us with accurate personal information we may not be able to carry out our instructions or achieve the purpose for which the information has been sought.
3. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
3.1 We collect, hold, use and personal information in order to:
(a) respond to your enquiries;
(b) provide information and services;
(c) employ competent and diligent personnel;
(d) monitor or improve the use of and satisfaction with our services; and
(e) let you know about developments, our expertise and services that may be of interest to you.
3.2 We disclose personal information:
(a) in order to carry out the instructions of our clients; and
(b) subject to our confidentiality obligations, when using services in support of our business.
4. The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed
4.1 Subject to our confidentiality obligations, we may share some relevant personal information with:
(a) our digital, internet, email and mobile application marketing team for the purposes of providing you our newsletter, invitations, media statements, updates and other online services; and
(b) third party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, website or technology services.
5. Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
Some of the third parties described above including our service providers and related bodies corporate may be in the United States and Canada and other countries, in respect of providers of technological services to us.
6. Opting out of marketing communications
6.1 We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations, updates, and other digital communications about our services.
6.2 You can opt out of receiving further such communications by notifying us via return email, specifying “opt out” in the subject line, using our contact details or by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing email or other digital communication received from us.
7.1 We take all reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, we maintain our files in secure offices and limit access to personal information to individuals with a need to know.
8. Access, corrections or updating personal information
8.1 You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information. Unless we are subject to confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information and we are permitted to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, we will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days.
8.2 Examples of circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to your personal information include where:
(a) giving access would be unlawful;
(c) giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
8.3 If you request to correct your personal information, we will correct, or, if we consider more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
8.4 These actions can usually be taken by contacting us using the contact information on the “Contact Us” section below.
9. Notification of Changes
If a breach of any of these policies occur or you would like to contact us, please notify us in writing at:
Wellard Village People
We will endeavour to respond to any notification within 14 days.